This article will answer some common questions about Data Packs.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
What are Data Packs?
Data Packs are blocks of additional data available for purchase once you’ve hit your monthly broadband quota. A broadband service with a maxed quota will be 'shaped' down to a slower speed, but purchasing a Data Pack will shave off some of your usage to bring you back under your limit.
Which plans are eligible for Data Packs?
Data Packs may be purchased for the following Westnet & iiNet plans (both Residential and Business):
- Current & Grandfathered Naked DSL
- Current & Grandfathered On-net (ADSL2+)
- Current & Grandfathered Off-net (ADSL1 & ADSL2+)
- Current & Grandfathered, Fibre NBN Fibre & NBN Fixed Wireless
Which plans are not eligible for Data packs?
- Mobile Broadband, Mobile Voice, SHDSL and Satellite internet
- South Brisbane Fibre customers
- Corporate Fibre Business services
What size Data Packs are available and how much do they cost?
The following Data Packs are currently available:
- 10GB for $10
- 20GB for $15
- 50GB for $30
- 100GB for $50
- 200GB for $80
How do I buy a Data Pack?
- Log in to MyAccount.
- Click Add a data pack in the Broadband panel on your dashboard.
- Alternatively, you can select My Products, click Broadband and then select Purchase a data pack from the left-hand column.
- Select the type of quota you wish to apply the Data Pack to (anytime, peak or off-peak depending on your broadband plan).
- You'll see a list of available Data Packs. Select the Data Pack you want by clicking on it. Please note that you can't by a Data Pack large enough to put your usage in the negative (e.g. if your usage is 44GB, you won't see the 50GB Data Pack available).
- Click Purchase data pack to finish. The charge for your data pack will appear on your next invoice.
Does a Data Pack increase my monthly quota?
No. A Data Pack will not change the monthly quota for your plan. It simply shaves off an amount of data from your existing data usage, bringing you back under your quota limit.
For example, if your plan has a quota of 100GB, and you have used 105GB, your service would be shaped. If you purchased a 10GB Data Pack, your “used quota” would become 95GB. That means you’d have another 5GB to use before hitting your quota limit again.
Does quota from a Data Pack roll over into the next month if I don’t use it all?
I need to buy Data Packs a lot! What should I do?
You should consider upgrading to a plan with more monthly quota. There’s no admin fee to upgrade your plan, and it’ll save you money in the long run. See available plans.