This article will show you how to use a BoB Lite as a router for a 3G Mobile Broadband service with a USB modem (dongle).
Please note: 4G Mobile Broadband is not supported on BoB Lite. 4G services will default to the 3G network.
Setting up 3G with BoB Lite
- On the back of BoB Lite, remove the cover labelled "3G".
- Plug your USB modem (dongle) into the 3G USB port.
- If the dongle is plugged in and receiving power, BoB Lite’s storage/3G light will illuminate.
- On a computer or Wi-Fi device connected to BoB Lite, open your web browser and go to http:/10.1.1.1
- Log in with the default password "admin". if you have changed the password from the default, use your custom password instead.
- Select 4. Configure my USB port from the top menu bar.
- Select Other 3G from the drop-down menu and then fill in the following details:
Service Number: *99#
Network APN: 555a1 (for Westnet Mobile Broadband services)
3G Username: Leave blank
3G Password: Leave blank
PIN Code: 0000
- Select Connect All The Time and then click Save Settings in the upper right-hand corner of the page to finish.