If you've never logged into MyAccount before, please see An Introduction to MyAccount.
To get started, select which Westnet billing system applies to you:
Advice for our old billing system
Basic usage for the current billing period
- Log in to MyAccount and view the Dashboard.
- Check the Volume usage meter in the panel for the service. This will also tell you whether the data is Peak/Off-Peak or Anytime.
- The text below the usage meter will also advise you when your usage resets, e.g. "Your usage resets in 5 days".
- If you’re not seeing a panel for one of your services, make sure it is turned ON after clicking Customise Dashboard Panels at the bottom of the page.
Detailed usage history
MyAccount also allows you to view your broadband usage in more detail, including:
- Peak and off-peak downloads, or anytime downloads (depending on your plan)
- Daily/hourly usage
- iiNet Freezone usage (eligible Westnet plans)
How to view detailed usage and peak/off-peak quota times
- Log in to MyAccount and select My Products*, then select the tab for your service type;
- For mobile data that's part of a mobile voice plan, select Mobile.
- For all other internet services including ADSL, NBN, Naked and mobile broadband, select Broadband.
*If you're on a mobile device and you don't see this option, click the grey square with three lines to show the navigation menu.
- If you have more than one internet or mobile service, make sure the right username or mobile number is selected from the Product drop-down menu.
- Select View volume/data usage from the Actions menu. If you're on a mobile device and you don't see the Actions menu, click the grey bar labelled Broadband actions to show it.
- If you want to check usage from a previous month, you’ll need to select the month from the See usage from drop-down menu.
- If you're on a desktop or laptop, you’ll see your volume usage for the selected billing period as a daily graph (example below). Please note that no graph will be displayed on mobile devices.
If your plan has Peak/Offpeak usage, you'll find the timeframes for each period above the peak and off-peak usage bars located below the graph as shown below.
Tip: "Stacked" view shows by default, but you can select the “Grouped” option above the graph for a clearer distinction between Peak/Offpeak usage or Anytime/Freezone usage (depending on your plan).
- If you scroll further down the page, you’ll also find list of your daily usage. Click on the date to see hourly usage.
- Much like daily usage, hourly usage will be shown as a graph (desktops/laptops only - mobile devices will diaplay a table instead) with a list further down the page. You can use the Daily button to return to daily view.
Note: Provided that the time zone in My Account > Set my timezone is set to "Automatically detect my time zone", all times given for hourly usage are in local time depending on your current location.
If you ever find yourself strapped for data, you may want to consider upgrading your plan or see if your service is eligible for a Data Pack.
Advice for our new billing system
- Log in to MyAccount and select the broadband service under Select service to manage.
- Select Check Usage. Usage for the current billing period (including a graph to break down daily usage) will be shown by default.
- To see usage for previous months, change the selection in the See usage from drop-down menu.