- Check your address on NBN Co's Network status and outages page to see if an unforeseen incident or planned maintenance is affecting your connection.
- Check your address on our Network Status page to see if there are any known issues in your area.
- Locate your indoor NBN™ Network Connection Box and modem and ensure that they are connected correctly, with cables in good condition and plugged in securely.
- Turn off the electrical outlets for both the NBN™ Connection Box and your modem and leave them off for at least 10 seconds.
- Turn both outlets back on and wait for the box and modem lights to settle, then attempt to view a website.
Note: If your NBN™ Connection Box STATUS light is red after rebooting, please call us on 1300 786 068 for assistance.
- Stand next to your modem to rule out any WiFi signal issues. Move further away and monitor the WiFi signal strength.
- If you lose your WiFi connection in certain parts of your home, see our guide on improving WiFi signals.
- Attempt to view a website on a device connected to your modem via Ethernet cable, not WiFi. If Ethernet works but WiFi doesn't, see troubleshooting WiFi No Connection.
- If you can view websites on some devices but not others, see our guide on Browsing issues.
- If you still can't get online, please call us on 1300 786 068 for further assistance.
Appendix - NBN™ Wireless antenna
Your NBN™ Wireless antenna must be kept clear of obstructions such as tree branches, which can weaken your wireless broadband signal.
Severe weather conditions resulting in heavy cloud cover may also cause connection issues.
If your antenna has been damaged, please call us on 1300 786 068 for assistance.