- Check your address on NBN Co's Network status and outages page to see if an unforeseen incident or planned maintenance is affecting your connection.
- Check your address on our Network Status page to see if there are any known issues in your area.
- Locate your indoor NBN™ Network Connection Box and modem and ensure that they are connected correctly, with cables in good condition and plugged in securely.
- Turn off the electrical outlet for your modem and leave it off for at least 10 seconds.
- Turn the outlet back on and wait for modem lights to settle, then attempt to view a website.
- Stand next to your modem to rule out any WiFi signal issues. Move further away and monitor the WiFi signal strength.
- If you lose your WiFi connection in certain parts of your home, see our guide on improving WiFi signals.
- Attempt to view a website on a device connected to your modem via Ethernet cable, not WiFi. If Ethernet works but WiFi doesn't, see troubleshooting WiFi No Connection.
- If you can view websites on some devices but not others, see our guide on Browsing issues.
- Locate your indoor NBN™ Connection Box. This is most commonly installed on the inside of an outer wall of the premises, sometimes in the garage.
- Turn off the electrical outlet for your NBN™ Connection Box and unplug the POWER and SAT cables for at least 30 minutes. This time allows your current connection session to expire, forcing a fresh connection.
- After 30 minutes, plug the POWER and SAT cables back in, turn the electrical outlet back on and allow your NBN™ Connection Box to reboot.
Note: If your NBN™ Connection Box light is red after rebooting, please call us on 1300 786 068 for assistance.
- Attempt to view a website.
- If you still can't get online, please call us on 1300 786 068 for further assistance.
Appendix - NBN™ Satellite dish
Your NBN™ Satellite dish must be kept clear of obstructions such as tree branches, which can weaken your satellite signal.
Severe weather conditions resulting in heavy cloud cover may also cause connection issues.
If your dish has been damaged, please call us on 1300 786 068 for assistance.