- Westnet Mobile operates on the Optus network. Visit the Optus coverage website and click the "Outages" tab at the top right of the map to see if there are any outages in your area.
- Make sure you are inside the network coverage area.
- If your location only has coverage on the 3G network instead of the 4G network, please be aware that 3G is slower than 4G.
- Certain locations may reduce mobile signal, such as basements, underground tunnels, or large shopping centres.
- Run a speed test while outside and/or above ground level.
- Make sure your antivirus/anti-malware software is up to date, and perform a scan on any devices that are running slowly.
- If any infections are detected, make sure they are quarantined and removed. Please contact your software’s Customer Support if you need assistance.
- Firewalls may affect broadband performance. Temporarily disable any firewalls and run a speed test.
- Stand next to your Hotspot to rule out any WiFi signal issues.
- Run a speed test.
- If your speed has improved, then see our guide on improving WiFi signals.
- Call us on 1300 786 068 for further assistance.
Appendix - Mobile Broadband Cease Sale
As of 13 October 2015, Mobile Broadband hardware and services are no longer sold by Westnet, however existing customers may continue their service and request a replacement SIM card if necessary.
Existing Mobile Broadband customers can view and swap plans in MyAccount (Select My Products > Broadband > Change plan) or by calling us on 1300 786 068.