This article will tell you how to set up a dialup connection on Windows Vista.
- Open the Start menu and select Connect To.
- Select Set up a Connection or Network.
- Select Set up a Dial-Up Connection and then click Next.
- Enter the following details:
Dialup phone number: 0198333955
Username: Enter your Westnet username (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
Password: Enter your Westnet password
- Ensure that Remember this password is ticked.
- Optional: If you select Allow other people to use this connection, Windows Vista will prompt you with a security warning. Click Yes to proceed.
- Click Connect.
- Windows will attempt to connect to the internet before saving the settings. Note: You can skip this option if the Home Phone is currently being used.
- If you chose to skip the initial setup, you can select Set up the Connection Anyway to complete the setup process.
- If the initial connection attempt failed, you can select Diagnose the Problem to help diagnose why it failed.
Once the connection has been set up successfully, you can select Close.
- To connect to the internet, open the Start menu and select Connect To, and then double click on your Dialup connection.
Alternatively, just open your internet browser and you will be prompted to dial up if you aren't already connected.