Follow the instructions below to set up your Smart Modem Gateway (VX420-G2H) for Home Wireless Broadband.
First, ensure you have:
- A message from us advising you to plug in your modem.
- An available electrical outlet.
- Your Westnet Micro SIM card has already been inserted for your convenience. Please do not remove the SIM card.
- Place the modem in a clear, central location in your home. Placing the modem near a window may allow a stronger mobile network signal.
- Use the supplied power cable to connect the modem’s POWER port to an available power outlet, then turn the modem on using the ON/OFF button.
- Wait approximately 3 minutes for the modem’s Power, 4G, Internet and 2.4GHz/5GHz WiFi lights to turn on and settle.
- If the 4G light is red, move your modem to another location, ideally near a window and away from direct sunlight.
- You can use an additional Ethernet cable to connect a computer to any of the 4 LAN ports.
- If you wish to connect your devices via WiFi, you'll find the WiFi name (SSID) and password on the barcode sticker on the base of your modem.
Your modem will automatically connect your devices to the best WiFi network possible (i.e. 5GHz). Older devices may only be able to connect to the slower 2.4GHz WiFi. See Improving WiFi Signal.