This article will explain how to use a BoB2 as a router for a 3G Mobile Broadband service with a USB modem (dongle).
Please note: 4G Mobile Broadband is not supported on BoB2. 4G services will default to the 3G network.
Setting up 3G with BoB2
- On the back of BoB2, remove the cover labelled "3G".
- Plug your USB modem (dongle) into the 3G USB port.
- On a computer or Wi-Fi device connected to BoB2, open your web browser and go to http://10.1.1.1
- Log in with the default password "admin". if you have changed the password from the default, use your custom password instead.
- Select 4. Configure my USB port from the top menu bar.
- Select Westnet 3G from the drop-down menu.
- Select Connect all the Time. Alternatively, choose Connect on Internet Connection Down to use your 3G mobile broadband as a backup for your ADSL service.
- For PIN code, enter "0000".
- Click Save Settings to finish.