As of 13 October 2015, Mobile Broadband hardware and services are no longer sold by Westnet, however existing customers may continue their service and request a replacement SIM card if necessary. Existing Mobile Broadband customers can view and swap plans in MyAccount (My Products > Broadband > Change plan) or by calling us on 1300 786 068.
Activating a Mobile Broadband SIM card
- Once you’ve received your Mobile Broadband SIM card, you can activate it online at http://myaccount3.westnet.com.au/activate.
- Select your SIM card type (Standard/Micro Dual cut size, or Nano size) from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the 13 digit SIM ID number (found on the SIM card itself) and then click Next.
- Insert your SIM card into one of the following devices:
- a mobile broadband USB modem (dongle) and then plug it into a computer
- a mobile broadband hotspot and then connect a computer/device wirelessly
- a tablet device with a SIM card slot
- Run through any software setup that your dongle or hotspot initiates, or confirm the mobile broadband settings in your smartphone or tablet.
- You should be online as soon as your SIM activation completes. In some cases you may need to manually enter Westnet's APN setting. If you're not sure how to do this, please check your device manufacturer's website for support information.
- If you need a hand at any point, just call our friendly Support Team on 1300 786 068 for assistance.