This article will answer some frequently asked questions about ADSL/ADSL2+ broadband.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
- How do I know if I'm eligible for ADSL2+?
- I already have broadband with another provider. Can I switch to Westnet?
- What happens after I submit my application?
- Is there a way to speed up the activation process?
- What information do I get after I submit my application?
- What about any hardware that I've ordered?
- What is the Fair Contract Guarantee?
How do I know if I'm eligible for ADSL2+?
You can check your service eligibility by entering your address on our website.
If your address is connected to our network (and there is an available port for you to connect to at your local exchange) then you should be eligible for ADSL2+. Our wholesale provider will also conduct a service qualification within 24 hours of your application being submitted.
If there are no ports available or your address is not connected to our network, then you’ll need to sign up for one of our off-net ADSL plans.
I already have broadband with another provider. Can I switch to Westnet?
Yes, but you’ll still need to enter you address on our website to see which plans and service types you’re eligible for.
You may also need to purchase new hardware if your current hardware (i.e. modem) is locked to your current service provider.
What happens after I submit my application?
- If there’s no existing phone line at your address, a phone line installation must be arranged. This requires a technician to visit your premises, and someone at least 18 years old must be present. You’ll be contacted to confirm your installation appointment.
- A service qualification test will be performed on your phone line.
- If your line is compatible, we submit an application to our wholesaler requesting that they connect you to a port at your local exchange so your phone line may be used for broadband.
- Our wholesaler confirms the service qualification results, and after 3-5 working days your telephone line is physically connected to a port at the exchange (this does not require a technician to visit your premises).
- Your broadband service is activated! You’ll need to set up an ADSL/ADSL2+ modem to get online.
Is there a way to speed up the activation process?
We are dependent on our wholesaler to connect your service, therefore we are subject to their connection timeframes. We will do our best to process your application as quickly as possible.
What information do I get after I submit my application?
We'll keep you up to date on the progress of your application via email or SMS. You can also log into MyAccount to track your progress and find out when your service will be activated.
What about any hardware that I've ordered?
When we are supplied with a connection date by our wholesaler, we will dispatch any hardware that you've ordered to your nominated delivery address. Hardware orders generally take between 3-5 working days to arrive, but we try to ensure that the hardware gets to you before or on the date of broadband activation.
What is the Fair Contract Guarantee?
See Terms and Conditions.