Open Networks iConnect - 611 & 612 Configuration (Without CD)
|Please also refer to the Filter Setup Guide to ensure that your other devices are properly connected.|
If you did not receive a "Welcome to Westnet" CD with your OPEN Networks iConnectAccess611 or iConnectAccess612, you can configure it using a web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera, Google Chrome etc).
- In your browser's address bar (Fig. 1), type 192.168.1.254 and press Enter (or click the Go button) to load your modem's configuration page.
- You will see a login screen - log in using the default username and password:
- Username: root
- Password: 0P3N (zero, capital P, three, capital N)
|The default username and password can also be found on a sticker on the bottom of your modem.|
Fig. 2 - Home
Once you have logged in, you will see the modem's home page (Fig. 2). Click the Setup tab to proceed.
Fig. 3 - Setup
- From the Setup screen (Fig. 3), click New Connection on the left side. Complete the following fields:
- Name: Westnet
- Username: Your Westnet username
- Password: Your Westnet password
- Click the Apply button at the bottom of the screen.
Your modem will now attempt to communicate with Westnet and connect to the internet.
|Connecting may take a moment - wait 60 seconds before you proceed.|
To make sure that you are online, click the Status tab at the top of the screen, then click Connection Status. Next to Westnet, you should see Connected. If not, wait another 60 seconds and click Connection Status again - your modem may have just taken longer than expected to connect.
Once you have finished configuring your modem, you must save your settings or they will be lost when the modem is switched off, and you will have to set it up again.
To save your settings, click on the Tools tab at the top of the screen. Click on System Commands, then Save All. Once the modem has finished saving, you can close your web browser completely. The modem is configured and will stay connected as long as it is turned on.
Congratulations! You are now connected with Westnet Broadband! If you encounter difficulties during setup, please contact Westnet Support on 1300 786 068.