Westnet Mobile Phone Features
This article will teach you how to activate and use the features for your Westnet Mobile Voice service.
Please note: Standard call costs may apply when any call forwarding features forward a call to a new destination (excluding voice mail). All call forwarding features are disabled by default.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
- Viewing Features
- Using Quick Codes
- Activating and Using Features
- Log in to MyAccount.
- Select My Products from the navigation bar and then select Mobile.
- If you have more than one Mobile phone on your account, you may need to select your Mobile number from the drop-down menu in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select Configure voice settings from the left-hand column.
- You’ll see a list of the features available for your Mobile Voice service. Details on how to activate and use each service are listed below.
- Don’t forget to click the Submit button after making any changes to your Mobile Voice settings.
Using Quick Codes
Once you're familiar with the features of your Mobile Voice service, you can change most of them right from your handset using Mobile Quick Codes! Learn more.
Activating and Using Features
- Caller ID allows you to present or restrict your mobile phone number from being displayed when you are calling someone.
- You can enable or disable Caller ID using the ON/OFF toggle switch, and then click Submit to finish.
Incoming Call Barring
- Incoming Call Barring prevents your mobile number from receiving calls. This is especially useful if you are Roaming Internationally, where receiving calls can accrue additional charges.
- To enable or disable Incoming Call Barring, use to the ON/OFF toggle switch.
- Select "Always" or "When Roaming" from the drop-down menu, and then click Submit to finish.
Outgoing Call Barring
- Outgoing Call Barring allows you to prevent your mobile number from being able to make certain types of calls.
- To enable or disable Outgoing Call Barring, use to the ON/OFF toggle switch.
- Select "All", "International" or "International (Except Australia)" from the drop-down menu and then click Submit to finish.
- Call Forwarding will forward calls to your mobile number to a different phone number according to different rules. Most rules are set to forward calls to Voicemail (321) by default.
- The Call forwarding rules are:
- Always forward calls to (disabled by default)
- When busy, forward calls to (Voicemail by default)
- When unanswered, forward calls to (Voicemail by default)
- When unreachable, forward calls to (Voicemail by default)
- You can adjust your Call Forwarding settings by entering a destination phone number into the relevant box and then clicking Submit. Please note that standard charges apply for calls that are forwarded to a number that isn't 321 (Voicemail).
- To disable any call forwarding setting, delete the destination phone number from the relevant box and then click Submit.
- Voicemail is activated by default for calls to go to voice mail if your mobile number is unreachable, busy or not answered. Learn how to use Voicemail.
- To enable Voicemail for a specific Call Forwarding rule, enter “321” as the destination phone number and then click Submit.
- To disable Voicemail, remove the number “321” wherever it is entered for any Call Forwarding rules and then click Submit.
- Alternatively, you may dial any of the following numbers from your mobile handset to adjust your voicemail settings:
||While in Australia
|Unconditional Call Forward to Voicemail||**21*321# CALL||**21*+61411000321# CALL|
|Call Forward to Voicemail when Unreachable||**62*321# CALL||**62*+61411000321# CALL|
|Call Forward to Voicemail when Busy||**67*321# CALL||**67*+61411000321# CALL|
|Call Forward to Voicemail when not answered||**61*321# CALL||**61*+61411000321# CALL|
|Call Forward to Voicemail when conditional rules apply
(Unreachable, busy or not answered)
|**004*321# CALL||**004*+61411000321# CALL|
Missed Call Service
- Missed Call Service will send you an SMS to let you know you had a missed call even if the call happens while your mobile number is busy, turned off, or out of coverage.
Please note: you will not receive a Missed Call SMS until your mobile handset is switched on and back in an area with coverage.
- Missed Call service is only enabled by default when Voicemail has been disabled.
- To enable or disable this option, simply SMS “ON” or “OFF” to 159 from your mobile handset. Alternatively, you may call 159 and follow the voice prompts.
- Premium SMS services are often advertised on TV or in magazines. They require you to subscribe to the service by texting or calling their number (typically starting with ‘19’).
- Westnet does not provide nor apply additional charges for premium services; all premium service charges are passed on to you directly from the third party provider of those premium services.
- To unsubscribe from a premium service, SMS the word ‘STOP’ to the ’19’ number of the premium service provider.
- To block the ability to subscribe to premium services, select Off next to Premium SMS and then click Save settings. Doing this will not unsubscribe you from any premium services you are currently subscribed to.