Westnet Mobile Phone Caller ID
- Caller ID Service
- How Do I Setup Caller ID?
- How Do I Prevent My Caller ID from Showing?
- Caller ID in MyAccount
- Blocking Caller ID on a Per Call Basis
- Presenting Caller ID On A Per Call Basis
With Caller ID you can view the callers number on the screen of your mobile phone. You can block or present the sending of your Caller ID on a call by call or permanent basis.
If you have chosen to block your Caller ID permanently, it will only be displayed if you call Emergency numbers (ie Ambulance or Police) from your mobile.
Caller ID is automatically enabled on your account upon activation. The feature covers both incoming and outgoing calls, meaning that your mobile number will be presented to people you call, and your phone will display the number of incoming phone calls.
There are 3 ways:
- Compatible handsets allow the owner to enable or disable the feature via the device.
- Block it or present it on a per call basis, with a Quick Code (see below).
- Log onto your online MyAccount to enable to disable the feature (instruction below).
Follow the guide to enable or disable Caller ID in MyAccount:
- Go to https://myaccount.westnet.com.au
- Enter your account username and password
- Roll over the menu "Phone" towards the top
- Then click on Mobile Voice.
If you have Caller ID enabled in MyAccount but wish to stop your number being displayed to the recipient on a particular phone call:
- Dial 1831 and then the phone number you wish to call.
If you have chosen not to have Caller ID enabled in MyAccount but you wish to present your phone number to the recipient you are calling:
- Dial 1832 and then the phone number you wish to call
Note: Most handsets will have the facility to turn caller ID on or off via a menu on the phone. When you have the service activated, it can be set to either "Send and allow override" or "Do not send and allow override" or "Do not send." It is only with these profiles set that you can use Caller ID via User Options.