This article will run you through the troubleshooting for a Westnet Mobile Voice service that is unable to make specific types of calls.
You should always be able to call Emergency services by dialling 112 (the call will route through any available mobile network) unless you’re in an area with absolutely no mobile coverage, or if your handset is faulty or has a dead battery.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
- You can call certain types of numbers (e.g. local fixed lines, other mobiles) but not others (e.g. international, premium).
- When attempting to make a certain type of call, you may hear an automated message like: “We advise that calls to this number are not currently available from your service. Please contact your service provider for further information.”
- Your mobile handset may display one of the following error messages: Call forbidden, Calls not allowed, Message sending not allowed, Not allowed, Restricted operation – Contact SIM provider, or SIM card memory not available.
Things to check first
||If you can’t make any type of calls at all, you should troubleshoot for signal issues first.
|Call Barring settings
||Check your Mobile settings in MyAccount to make sure that you haven’t got any Call Barring settings active on your service.
|Billing-related service suspension
||Log in to MyAccount to check for any overdue invoices that may be the cause of a service suspension.
||Westnet Mobile operates on the Optus network. You can visit the Optus coverage website and click the "Outages" tab at the top right of the map to see if there are any service issues in your area.
- Check the settings on your mobile handset to make sure that no call blocking, fixed dialling or other restrictive features are enabled.
- If you see a message on your mobile handset display that says “Line 2”, this is a feature similar to call waiting that is used by some international networks, but does not function in Australia and will prevent outbound calls.
- To disable Line 2, hold down the hash key (#) on your handset until a message like “Change Phone Line” comes up on the screen, and then press OK. If this doesn’t work, you may need to check your handset’s user manual for alternate instructions.
- If you still can’t make certain types of calls, please call us on 1300 786 068 for further assistance.